Monday 1 August 2011

Obsession #3

Hoops/Contortion!
When I was 13-15, my family and I were living in a nearby town... That town had a little circus... I (and my siblings) joined that little circus. For years I had really really badly wanted to be able to do hoop tricks, but failed at even keeping one hoop going around my hips. Working at increasing my flexibility, it increased even more as I trained with my fellow performers.
Backbends
Splits
More backbends
Intense backbends! :D
I learnt to improve my balance and combine acrobatics/balance with flexibility.

 For a while I was pretty content with my flexibility, acrobatics and minimal unicycling talents... :P But then one day I picked up a hoop and discovered I could do one around my waist and actually keep it going!!!! Don't know why I suddenly could... But I was ecstatic! :D
 From there I just kept learning more... :) And it got to the point where I could do some awesome tricks - some with multiple hoops... And I even started to multi-task with the things I enjoyed!!
Reading my favourite romance books and hooping! Ahhh what bliss.. :D Except my arm kept getting sore.... :O :P
And finally... I combined hoops with balance and flexibility.... :D
The only problem is... Lately I've been so busy (and a little lazy) that I haven't found time to do hoops or contortion... So my flexibility is decreasing and yeahh.. :( I should start again... 
The awesomest thing about hoops/contortion is that it also helps you lose weight and keep fit! :D

Anyway! I shall quit rambling... :P
Keep smiling! :)
Neeta

3 comments:

  1. Such A clever girl!! Fabulous shots :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesomme!!!!!! Great pics and it looks so nice when they are all black and white :)
    I accidently got more flexible when I was 12 and a physiotherpist gave me stretches to do every day for my legs :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you two.. :)
    Hehe they're black and white cause most of them are still shots from a video making them slightly blurry-ish/pixelated, cause my camera is pretty low quality. :P
    Hehe wow.. Accidentally got flexible - lucky!

    ReplyDelete